Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
zedd
Visitor.

imtkmake - failed to locate the installed SCHEMA directory

Hi,

I'm now trying for a pretty while to generate a Web Service Proxy via the imtkmake comand line tool but keep failing. My requirement is to consume a Web Service in "classic" imperative Cobol on an AIX-Plattform.

I'd like to use the tool directly on AIX with Visual Cobol Dev Hub 3.0 installed, invoking it with the parameters -genclientwsdl clientwsdl=<mywsdlfile>. But all i get are two further xml files (*!!1 and *!!2) and following output:

Micro Focus Interface Mapping Toolkit v3.0.00
Copyright (C) 2017 Micro Focus. All rights reserved.
The runtime system failed to locate the installed SCHEMA directory.
The generation of the COBOL client from WSDL failed.

I've already validated my wsdl I'm using via SOAP UI as suggested by @blairm in this Post.

Searches for the stated error lead to no conclusive answers. What am I missing to sucessfully generate such a proxy? Or can't this be done with my configuration?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: imtkmake - failed to locate the installed SCHEMA directory

Hi zedd,

My apologies for the delay in responding. The error message you've shown:

The runtime system failed to locate the installed SCHEMA directory.

suggests that you have not configured your Visual COBOL installation to support using SOA features, like using imtkmake. You can do this by running the casperm.sh script, as root. Here is a link to the documentation about running the casperm.sh script.

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
Highlighted
zedd
Visitor.

Re: imtkmake - failed to locate the installed SCHEMA directory

Hi Blair,

thank you very much for your answer. In my search for solving this problem I found an older thread regarding casperm.sh (https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Visual-COBOL-Forum/Creating-a-web-services-client/m-p/1700032). @Chris Glazier stated that in order to use this feature a DevHub licence including the SOA extension is needed. This thread is pretty old, is there still a distinction in DevHub licences?

Currently cobver states: Micro Focus Visual COBOL Development Hub 3.0 - Patch Update 07

Thanks,

Zedd

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.