Absent Member.
Absent Member.

read a file folder with cobol and write all the files under this file folder in a file

Hi all,

i want to read with cobol for eclipse a file folder and i'll write all of this files (they are copy books files) from this file folder in a file.i need help.

your sincerely

alashara

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you please add more detail to your request as to what it is that you are trying to accomplish?
Your request isn't really clear and I am not really sure what it is that you wish to do.

Thanks
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Alashara,

Have you looked at the directory scanning calls in the product ?

CBL_DIR_SCAN_START
CBL_DIR_SCAN_READ
CBL_DIR_SCAN_END

You should be able to use those calls to get the contents of a folder and you can use COBOL I-O statements to write the information they return to a file.

Gael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.