Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rm/cobol to visual cobol: application windows/dialogs using rmputil

Jump to solution

i have a program written in rm/cobol that i am trying to compile using visual cobol.  i am have set the proper dialect and its compiling successfully.  the problem i am facing is on the windowing system.  my current program calls rmputil to create the windows and dialogs.  since that is a compiled library that comes with rm/cobol (runpanel.cob, rmputil.cob, what are my options now?  is there source code available so i can recompile those? or i have to rewrite all my code? and what is available in visual cobol so i can do the migration easily?

Thanks

Ali

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: rm/cobol to visual cobol: application windows/dialogs using rmputil

Jump to solution

RM/Panels is the main component required to get this application running under Visual COBOL. This is something we're considering adding into a subsequent release of Visual COBOL.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Ali, can you contact me at scot.nielsen@microfocus.com to discuss this further. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

RM/Panels is the main component required to get this application running under Visual COBOL. This is something we're considering adding into a subsequent release of Visual COBOL.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.