Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

rts 9/105 on open extend

Hi,

I have a cobol program that make:

OPEN EXTEND FILE

and give

FILE  status 9/105, Memory allocation error

The server is Windows 2012 with  256 Gb RAM (free 254 Gb), and I use Cobol Server 2013 2.3.1

I have to change SORTSPACE\SORTTEMPSPACE?

thanks

bye

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: rts 9/105 on open extend

Getting a memory allocation error on an Open Extend doesn't make any sense. Does this error occur on all files or just on a particular file? What does the SELECT/FD for this file look like? How are you assigning the file name?

Does the COBOL Server version match the Visual COBOL version that was used to compile the application?

If this can be reproduced then it might be a good idea to run a CTF trace to see what is going on behind the scenes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.