Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

$safeprojectname$

Hello,

I have a problem when I generate a new solution in VC60, importing a Net Express project, (nw2000.app), the solution nw2000.sln is generated, and 4 cbl projects are generated, nw2000, wgpini.exe (the executable), nomiagrs_lbr (library that contains the .rs files) and nomiaggnt_lbr(library that contains the .gnt files).

Apparently everything is generated correctly and without errors. Attached the importreport.txt file

But when I try to test it, I observe, after recompiling the solution, that it does not generate the application executable (wgpini.exe), but it generates a file $safeprojectname$.exe, and it does not generate the .lbr libraries either, but a file $safeprojectname$.lbr.
What I need to change in the solution so that it does not generate when compiling files $safeprojectname$

Captura.PNG

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Output type and the Output name that will be generated for a project can be found on the Application tab of the project properties page. Does this currently have the value of $safeprogramname$? You can change the Output name in this location to whatever you wish to be generated.

I am unsure as to why the NX project converter generated the projects in this manner. If you would like us to look into that you should probably open up a new incident with Customer Support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@GOYO 

$safeprojectname$ should be replaced with the actual project name when the project gets created so it looks like what your are describing could be a bug that needs investigating if you can create an incident as @Chris Glazier has requested. 

Can you tell us what your Windows locale/language is set to please and which Visual Studio version and revision you are working with - the information is in the About box. 

Thanks,

Gael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

SO: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Versión 10.0.19041 compilación 19041

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2019 Versión 16.7.3

Micro Focus Visual COBOL 6.0 Version 6.0.00245. Serial number: 210000326781 Full license

Windows locale/language is set to Spanosh

$safeprojectname$
How can this environment variable be managed or defined?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks,

I will try using a Spanish locale.

$safeprojectname$ is defined in templates from which the projects are created. It should be automatically changed at that time, you should not have to do so. Chris has mentioned what you can change manually once the projects have been created to work around the problem however.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

AsCaptura.PNG you can see in the attached Application tab, you can see, the Output Name is set to (WGPINI) and the Output Type is set to windows application. However, when you compile the solution, you see that everything is generated with the name $safeprojectname$.

I have tried to generate 2 new solutions in VC60, importing from 2 different projects in NetExpress, and it happens the same, they are generated when compiling the solution, files with the name $safeprojectname$.exe or .lbr and not with the name that is indicated in the Application tab, Output Name.

It can be deduced that this is a VC version 6 incident.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @GOYO 

I have been able to reproduce the problem you are having and have raised a bug report.

Unfortunately the incorrect values that the project file contains are not being displayed in the property pages, as you have found, so they cannot be corrected in those pages. You would have to manually edit the project file to remove the incorrect entries for OutputType, OutputName and AssemblyName from the Debug and Release Configuration sections.

Apologies,

Gael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Thank you.
"You would have to manually edit the project file to remove incorrect OutputType, OutputName and AssemblyName entries from the Debug and Release Configuration sections"

Please, you can tell me where is located or the path of the project file to be edited and the name of it, if the solution has the name: nw2002.sln and is in the folder d:nw2000

Incorrect entries are named $safeprojectname$?.
This is a bug in my version of Micro Focus Visual COBOL 6.0 Version 6.0.00245?.

Conoce si Micro Focus, ya publicado un parche o actualizacion que corrija el bug?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In the Solution Explorer window (Explorador de soluciones) right-click on your COBOL project, not the solution, and unload it ie

Descarger el proyecto

Then edit the project file by right-clicking again and selecting

Editar <project>.cblproj

and removing the entries I mentioned previously.

Then reload the project , saving when prompted using

Volver a cargar el proyecto

Finally, close and reload the solution. Then try rebuilding.

I hope that lets you make progress,.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Solved. Thank you very much.

Editing manually and externally all cobol projects (.cblproj) that generates the solution from importing a NetExpress project, and replacing in all lines where $safeprojectname$ appears, by the name of the project and loading the solution again and recompiling it, it already works correctly.

This incident did not occur in versions of VCs prior to the current one.

Greetings

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello,

I think that still, is not solved, in VC60, when a new solution is generated, importing from a Net Express project, based on Dialog System, after generating the solution and manually edit each of the projects, to remove the lines where appears "safeproyectname$, and recompile again the solution. Then when trying to debug or run the windows application, it crashes or VS2019 crashes, because DSGRUN is not found.

I think that in the VC60 version I have, the generation of solutions by importing them from Net Express projects option, does not work properly and even less if the project is in Dialog System.

What can you tell me?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Goyo,

As @Chris Glazier mentioned earlier in the discussion you should open up a new incident with Customer Support as that is the official way of reporting bugs and getting them fixed.

If an application being run or debugged cannot find a subprogram such as DSGRUN I would not expect the development environment to crash so that sounds like a separate problem. I tried a couple of the Dialog System samples provided with the product and they ran okay.

Gael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.