UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

ubuntu / opensuse ?

hello.

is there a trial for a text based (no gui) cobol compiler/runtime for ubuntu or opensuse (current version)?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @wgherm,

My apologies for the delay in responding, and welcome to the Micro Focus Community Site.

Visual COBOL 6.0 provides support for Ubuntu 18.04 on Intel x64. If you would, please send me an email to blair.mcdonald@microfocus.com with your contact information, and I'll pass it along to someone who may be able to get you a Product Evaluation for that platform.

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Blair, do you not have a working VC6.0 for Suse or OES2018?
OES2018 is released from Micro Focus!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Greiner,

Thank you for your update. Visual COBOL 6.0 is supported for certain versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, but not OpenSUSE or OES2018. I will pass along your suggestion that we consider support for these additional Operating Systems.

In the meantime, Visual COBOL 6.0 is supported on the following target Operating Systems:

Operating System

OS Ver

CPU

AIX

Power

AIX

Power

CentOS

Intel x86-64

CentOS

Intel x86-64

HP - UX

Itanium

Oracle Linux – Red Hat Compatible Kernel

Intel x86-64

Intel x86-64

Intel x86-64

Oracle Linux – Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel

Intel x86-64

Oracle Linux – Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel

Intel x86-64

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Intel x86-64

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

z/390

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Intel x86-64

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

z/390

Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Intel x86-64

Solaris

Intel x86-64

Solaris

SPARC

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server

Intel x64

z/390

Intel x64

z/390

Ubuntu

Intel x64

Windows 10

Intel x86-64

Windows 8.1

Intel x86-64

Windows Server 2012

Intel x86-64

Windows Server 2016

Intel x64

Windows Server 2019

Intel x64

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

This are good news and now we have all possibilites to migrate to sles12 or 15, i missed only the mac osx possibilities! This will be great !!!!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.