Lieutenant
Lieutenant

visual cobol documentation disappeared

Jump to solution

After I've updated VS2019 to its latest updates and Help library contents, Micro focus Visual cobol documentation section disappeared even from intlisense 

I've tried the repair method on bot files (vsvc5*.exe and vsvc5_u*.exe) then chose repair.

but nothing changed and documentation still not there

how can get the documentation back?

I have found similar situation here:
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Visual-COBOL-Forum/F1-leads-to-22Cannot-find-requested-topic-on-your-computer-22/td-p/2774917

BUT the suggested file to be downloaded and extracted is no foundable by me vc50docsvs2019.zip

I have tried both microfoucs.com search and google.com search and I could not find it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Visual COBOL Local Help content is in VC50docsvs2019.zip and can be found on the Product Updates site if you are currently under maintenance for your product.

I have placed a copy of this file onto our ftp site and you can download it here.

You could also change your help preferences to use online help and then the local help files are not required.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Visual COBOL Local Help content is in VC50docsvs2019.zip and can be found on the Product Updates site if you are currently under maintenance for your product.

I have placed a copy of this file onto our ftp site and you can download it here.

You could also change your help preferences to use online help and then the local help files are not required.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thank you for attaching the file. That definitely helped me

But I could not find it any other way

I am PE on VS2019

maybe thats the reason?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Visual COBOL Personal Edition is a free learning tool and is normally provided as-is. PE users do not have access to the Product Updates page where the Patch Updates and the local documentation reside. PE users can use the on-line documentation provided in Visual COBOL for Visual Studio as this is the default method of viewing documentation.

The on-line documentation contains the same exact information as the local copy that you are using in the VS Help Viewer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.