Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

visual cobol online license authorization behind proxy

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 June 2011]

I am trying to execute cesadmintool on Visual COBOL to perform online authorization and the process doesn't connect to the authorization server. I think the problem is that the Linux system is behind a proxy.
How do I specify the proxy details to the tool?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: visual cobol online license authorization behind proxy

Jump to solution
Hi chiqui
Please get in touch with supportline. They will be able to help you by using a manual authorization .
You can also go to http://supportline.microfocus.com/activation/ and enter your authorization code there to get the licenses to isntall on the machnine, but if you are behind a firewall/proxy and dont have internet access, that wont help you.
You will also need the Machine ID, which is available from the administration tool, and your email address . When you call .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi chiqui
Please get in touch with supportline. They will be able to help you by using a manual authorization .
You can also go to http://supportline.microfocus.com/activation/ and enter your authorization code there to get the licenses to isntall on the machnine, but if you are behind a firewall/proxy and dont have internet access, that wont help you.
You will also need the Machine ID, which is available from the administration tool, and your email address . When you call .

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
thanks for your help!!
In fact the url you provided did the work for me. While the system is behind a proxy i could move the generated manual activation data from that URL to the system and then executed the tool with option 4 (manual activation), and it worked!
thanks again!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.