Connect to a network share from Visual COBOL application
* NetConnect *
* This program demonstrates the use of the Windows SDK API calls *
* to map a local drive letter to a shared resource on a differ- *
* ent machine on your network. The remote resource must be setup *
* as a shared resource in order for this sample to work. *
* This call accepts a User Name and a Password parameter which *
* work as follows: *
* If lpPassword is NULL, the function uses the current default *
* password associated with the user specified by lpUserName. *
* If lpPassword points to an empty string, the function does not *
* use a password. *
* lpUsername points to a null-terminated string that specifies *
* a user name to be used in making the connection. If lpUserName *
* is NULL, the function uses the default user name. The user *
* context for the process provides the default user name. *
* The lpUserName parameter is specified when users want to *
* connect to a network resource for which they have been *
* assigned a user name or account other than the default user *
* name or account. *
* After the connection has been made a sequential file will be *
* created and written to on the mapped drive. *
* To run this sample simply change the LocalName, RemoteName, *
* Username and Password parameters to values which are accepted *
* on your network and rebuild the project. *
* This sample loads the file MPR.DLL which is part of the *
* operating system. This file must be available within the PATH *
* in order for this program to work correctly. *
* By default it should be within the Windows system directory. *
call-convention 66 is WINAPI.
input-output section. select test-file assign to "J:\netconnect.txt"
organization is line sequential
file status is file-status.
01 test-record pic x(20).
01 file-status pic x(2) value spaces.
78 PROGRAM-NAME value "NETCONNECT".
*> LocalName contains the drive letter that you wish to map to
*> the remote drive.
01 LocalName pic x(20) value z"J:".
*> RemoteName is the machine name and resource to which you wish
*> to connect. The following will map the drive letter to the
*> C drive of the computer with the name Laptop. This must be
*> setup as a shared resource on the remote computer before you
*> can map to it.
01 RemoteName pic x(256) value z\\COMP-NAME\share-name.
*> Use username and password of a user account.
*> If this is passed as NULL then the default username and
*> password will be used.
01 lpUsername pic x(20) value z"USER".
01 lpPassword pic x(20) value z"password".
01 dwFlags pic s9(9) comp-5.
01 fForce pic s9(9) comp-5 value 0.
01 NetResource. *> structure as defined in Windows SDK
05 dwScope pic s9(9) comp-5.
05 dwType pic s9(9) comp-5.
05 dwDisplayType pic s9(9) comp-5.
05 dwUsage pic s9(9) comp-5.
05 lpLocalName pointer.
05 lpRemoteName pointer.
05 lpComment pointer.
05 lpProvider pointer.
01 ret-code pic s9(9) comp-5.
01 dll-point procedure-pointer.
set dll-point to entry "MPR.DLL"
if dll-point = NULL
display "Cannot Load MPR.DLL!"
display PROGRAM-NAME ": Starting"
*> We want to map to a disk drive.
*> You can also map to a printer by changing this parameter.
move RESOURCETYPE-DISK to dwType
*> The following items in the passed NetResource structure must
*> be passed as pointers.
set lpLocalName to address of LocalName
set lpRemoteName to address of RemoteName
set lpComment to NULL *> Not used in this call
set lpProvider to NULL *> Not used in this call
*> You could set dwFlags to CONNECT-UPDATE-PROFILE in which case
*> the connection will be remembered and will be reconnected
*> during future logins. In this example this option is not set.
move 0 to dwFlags
call WINAPI "WNetAddConnection2A"
using by reference NetResource
*> Replace lpPassword by BY VALUE 0 if you wish to use default.
*> Replace lpUsername by BY VALUE 0 if you wish to use default.
by value dwFlags
if ret-code = NO-ERROR
display "Network drive mapping successful!"
open output test-file
if file-status = "00"
display "file open OK"
move "Test is successful!" to test-record
display "open error = " file-status
move 0 to dwFlags fForce
call WINAPI "WNetCancelConnection2A"
using by reference localName
by value dwFlags
if ret-code = NO-ERROR
display "Connection removed!"
display "Error on Connection remove = " ret-code
display "Error Occurred = " ret-code
*> Check error constants in working-storage.
display PROGRAM-NAME ": Ending"