How to Add Reference using UNC to a Visual COBOL Project

How to Add Reference using UNC to a Visual COBOL Project

Problem:

I have a third-party assembly that is stored on a network drive. If I add a reference and browse to the location using UNC e.g. \\RemoteAssemblies\MyReference.dll, the following errors occur :

errormsg.PNG

How can I ensure the reference is added correctly?

Solution:

The UNC path can be added to the Namespaces References Paths list in the project properties :

Namespace.png

Add the UNC path you require :

referencepath.PNG

Now Add Reference and Browse to the UNC path and choose the .DLL you require :

selectdll.PNG

The Reference will be added :

solexplorer.PNG

The two errors :

Error COBCH0845 Unknown type 'type BasicEncrypt' … and Warning MSB3245 should not occur.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
4 of 4
Last update:
‎2020-06-30 20:10
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.