Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How to extract the License Server installation from Visual Cobol 2.2

How to extract the License Server installation from Visual Cobol 2.2

Problem:

In runtime version Server 2.1 Update 1 and earlier, it was possible to perform an independent installation for the Liense Server, by extracing it from the installation file using the -ExtractCab switch.

In version 2.2 this switch is no longer available, so how is this performed with version 2.2?

Resolution:

Attached to this article is an archive called "6644.dark.zip".

This utility is part of the WiX toolset, which can be used to create MSI’s and wrapper EXE’s.

Decompress the attached zip and run, for example:

>dark.exe -x d:\decomp cs2010_22.exe

where:

d:\decomp is the folder where you want the files extracted to.

cs2010_22.exe is the "Cobol Server 2.2 for Visual Studio 2010" software executable.

Inside d:\decomp, is an ‘AttachedContainer’ folder which in turn has the various MSI’s and pre-requisite EXE’s.  The license server installation software is located in the sub-folder called lmsetup where lmsetupx86.msi is the 32-bit installer and lmsetupx64.msi is the 64-bit installer.

6644.dark.zip

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Chris,

I tried iobit uninstaller and unfortunately, it did not work. It did get rid of cs2010_22.exe, though.  So the above solution will not work!  I am sorry I am making this so difficult.  Is there any way to get  rid of VC and ED via the registry? The only MF items I have on my machine are the ones we're trying to get rid of and if there are more I don't use them. The only other thing is the VC 2.3 installer.

Thanks,

John

Chris,

I used IOBIT uninstaller to uninstall ED and VC, unfortunately, it did not work.  It did however delete cs2010_22.exe.so I suppose the above fix will not work.  I am sorry I am making this so difficult for you.  Is there any way to use the registry to to delete ED and VC?not sure this is doable but I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

John

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2014-04-28 16:51
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.