Restricting Access to the Enterprise Server Web Administration Console
How do I restrict access to the Enterprise Server Web Administration Console?
Follow these steps to restrict the Enterprise Server Web Administration Console:
- In a web browser, enter the URL to open your Enterprise Server Web console. (For example: http://myserver.com:86)
- From the menu on the left, select Security
- Select the MF Directory Server tab
- Check the box next to Restrict administration access
- At the bottom of the page, click Apply
- You will receive a prompt, asking that you enter the current authentication details for the "SYSAD" account. This is the default account set up for securing the Enterprise Server Web Administration Console. The prompt reads: "A change in administration … has been requested"
- Enter User ID that will secure the Console (the default user id is "SYSAD")
- Enter Password (the default password is also "SYSAD")
- If you wish, you can also change the default password for the SYSAD as you log in. To do so, enter the new password in both new password fields (these fields may appear greyed out, but will accept entry)
- Click OK
- On the left, select Log Off.
- The Enterprise Server Web console will be reloaded, and you will be immediately prompted for logon, password
- When the login security for the console has been activated, a new HTML "splash" page is displayed after login. The HTML for this page is stored at $COBDIR/lang/default/greeting.htmf (please note the file's extension ends with lower case "F", not lower case "L"). This file can be modified to display a desired custom message.
The steps above provide simple password protection for the Enterprise Server Web Administration Console. For a more comprehensive approach to securing access, please see this article.