UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.

Allow Copying of Manually Entered Device Attributes to Other Devices

Idea ID 2862062

Allow Copying of Manually Entered Device Attributes to Other Devices

It would be useful to be able to copy some manually entered device attributes such as owner/location from one device to another.

5 Comments
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

To clarify, are you talking about the fields in the summary section for the device which maps to fields in zdevice?  I assume you are and not referring to the fields of the same name that are inventory data but wanted to be sure.

Thank you

Admiral
Admiral

Yes, that is correct. I'm referring to the fields on the device Summary page that are editable. Thanks for requesting the clarification!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Great idea... Bulk changes like in ZSD.

Also in ZCM Bundles being able to bulk change the Contacts.
Or have a ZCC Configuration page for Default settings.
Fill it in one location and it is inherited into the object and can be manually modified.

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Paul, I completely agree on updating contacts.  Should that get its own idea?  If that info could be updated without having to re-publish the bundle....  Well, that would be pretty great.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Agreed, Added Idea "Default/Bulk Copy of repeated data to backfill information on bundles"

For this Idea like @PatrickT mentions, the change attributes similar to the Asset Inventory Search/Replace function for the device inventory report.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.