Be able to schedule a full/complete inventory scan

Idea ID 2780786

Be able to schedule a full/complete inventory scan

Based on my own experience with invalid/oudated inventory data in the database and reading the https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/504099-ZCM-2017-inventory-is-a-mess forum thread, I believe we do need an automated method for a device to perform a complete inventory scan. It would likely only be needed infrequently such as once per quarter. Since the current inventory schedule only performs a differential scan, this could be accomplished by adding a new schedule type that does a complete scan or an option to the existing schedule that triggers a complete scan after x number of scans or x days have elapsed since the last complete scan.
2 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
HOw is it possible that it took me a month to vote for this?! Yes please! Further, let me schedule "regular scans" on a weekly basis AND that second schedule for the quarterly Complete scan.
Commodore
Commodore
Agree, ability to schedule complete scan would be awesome.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.