Display bundle name instead of GUID in the error section

Idea ID 2785722

Display bundle name instead of GUID in the error section

It would be helpful to not have to manually find the name of a bundle by the GUID. When researching errors it gets a little time consuming.
13 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Maybe both, GUID and Bundle name
New Member.
assuming I can copy the GUID. Copy is actually not possible (in the "Properties" window of bundles)
New Member.
+1 and same for bundle actions names and ids
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
In bundle error messages logged against the device, bundle name is present in message details in ZCC. Can you suggest where particularly you would like to see the bundle name or where you are facing issues?
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
I don't know where ENGL pulls the data from, but sometimes during a build, it will get stuck in step 4 installing an application. It will show the GUID sometimes and bundle name sometimes. We haven't had it get stuck recently, but it's a pain to find it using the GUID.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
To answer Vikram G question. In ZCC, selecting a workstation, going to the "Message Log" section, click on a message opens a "Message Detail Information" window. There is no bundle name listed. Here is an example of a message I have from a workstation. " Full Message: The action Copy master_preferences File (ID:GenericActions) failed due to the reason : Unexpected error installing file. Error: Access to the path 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\master_preferences' is denied., however the action is set to continue on failure. Additional Information: None Severity: Warning Date: October 10, 2017 2:22:21 PM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/hs/B126-Russ/01-nvsd6743 Message ID: ActionMan.ActionContinueOnFailure Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: 654e22aaec4cc00a6f2a5136b67b6e2d Related Objects: None "
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
@ Gene M: yes that is exactly where we need the right bundle name shown. @ Shane F: The phase 4 ENGL issue might be related to ENGL not resolving the bundle display-name at that point since that would take additional time, so I guess you would need to make an enhancement request for that with them (I've asked that too I remember...). Or we would need to be able to add the GUID as a tab in teh Bundle overveiw and be able to search on GUID from ZCC.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
@ Gene M, thanks for details. It seems that bundle name is present for some bundles and not present for some. We'll be investigating this.
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Would be nice is the Bundle name showb be a clickable link too, which opens the bundle properties:)
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.
Another Example: Full Message: Failed to replicate content 93b9b70a995829f6c83d704189a8232d Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: October 24, 2017 2:54:30 PM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Servers/My-zcm-s1 Message ID: CDP.CdpContentFileError Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: e9c6209742e7988750d9d6c3f288e1f8 Related Objects: None
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.