Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Install Cleaned up Zenworks Agent into Base Image

Idea ID 2785584

Install Cleaned up Zenworks Agent into Base Image

Currently if the Agent is installed into the base image it has to be cleaned up to remove references to the device it has been imaged on. This involves running various zac commands, deleting files and editing the registry.
It would be far better to be able to install the agent in an already cleaned up state. The agent would then configure itself to the device at next boot.
This could be achieved with either a separate installer, a command line parameter or a cleanup tool which can be run after installation.
5 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
YES for this one! Would be really easier to have a clean install, and avoid duplicate GUID in the zone. Jonathan Martin
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I add the current agent package as an add-on image, then a script launches the install process after the windows mini-setup completes. I avoid installing software/clients on a clean base image. This allows me to apply the same base image to multiple devices.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
And the add-on image is easy to modify (because of its tiny size), when new version agent arrive.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
This would be very helpfull, for setting up clean base images. S.Falk
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Would save a lot of time and avoid faults during image processing
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.