OS deploy over internet

Idea ID 2848261

OS deploy over internet

Hi,

Now with Covid more and more people are working from home or at least not in office. That will probably not change much in the future, more people will spend more time in home offices.

Deploying application works quite alright if users have a decent internet access but pxe doesn't work of course.

So if we could have a feature to deploy a small OS piece that the device could boot from and after that retrieve one or more images from public facing Zen server/satellite or cloud storage.

Without being a expert in that area, I think http would be the protocol to use for downloading the image, just to avoid firewall and transfer issues.

/Lelle

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Admiral
Admiral

I believe the plan is to implement Windows Autopilot support to facilitate this along with the windows 10 MDM features in 2020Up2 in 2021

Commodore
Commodore

Hi,

Thanks for your replye

Will they implement a Zenworks on prem version of autopilot, AFAIK autopilot requires Azure AD and Intunes?

/L

Admiral
Admiral

@lelleNo you would not have to use azure ad, that would defeat the purpose of running zenworks.  Unlikely intune would be required either

I have no idea of details, it's basically just rumour at this point.  We have to wait and see once the beta begins and announcements are made.

Commodore
Commodore

Yeah I figured that, I guess we will find out when it's released. Thanks

Lelle

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.