Requirement Filter: Folder Exists

Idea ID 2787223

Requirement Filter: Folder Exists

Would be useful so you can have a action run to either create that folder, or notify the user there was an issue with creating that folder and not have the whole bundle fail for a folder that may not be mission critical.
6 Comments
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
I think: Simply use "File Exist"
Commodore
Commodore
I would like a "Folder Exits" option, as well. I have had instances where I might change a file in a folder and don't care what file names are or I might changes files in that folder making the requirement different. I just need to know if the folder is there or not.
Ensign
Ensign
+1 for this. I would love to use this to check if a drive is mapped.
Admiral
Admiral
+1 for "Folder Exists" option
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The "File Exist" filter works for files or folders. Perhaps they should rename it from File Exists to File/Folder Exists, along with the help text that pops up about entering the file path should state enter the file/folder path. Would also be nice if they could add a browse button, so if the folder exists locally, you can add it by browsing instead of copy/paste.
Commodore
Commodore
+1 on Jasen's idea. I never realized it work that way, but what he suggested would be nice improvements.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.