Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

Track ZCM administrator last login

Idea ID 2784731

Track ZCM administrator last login

I would like to see the last login date/time for administrators be stored in the zAdministrators table so I can find unused accounts via a database query. It should capture logins via the ZCC, SOAP interface, and zman. It would be nice if the last login info could also be displayed in the Administrators list in the Configuration section of the ZCC.
2 Comments
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I would like to see this even if the initial scope only covered ZCC logins.  There is already the last nag time field in zadministrators that tracks system nags.  What we would need is a second field that is updated every time an administrator logs in, not just when they get shown a system nag.

Being able to audit for (and ultimately remove) administrators that have access and are not using it should be a best practice for securing the zone.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree having a Column in ZCC would be good w/last login and currently who is logged in.

However there is a way to audit ZCC Administrators to see their productivity.
This is an Audit Highlight put together a few years ago (ZCM 11.4.x) and is still relevant.
There has been some enhancements with sending alerts to syslog server (2017 and above).  It is a walk through and explanation of logging.

My prev employer we'd audit ZCC Administrator Login, Remote Control actions, etc.

Hope this helps ...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.