View device's technician application on ZCC

Idea ID 2844350

View device's technician application on ZCC

Sometimes we have to deep dive into device's technician application to find the details needed for troubleshooting. It would be cool if we can see it directly on device's page in ZCC so we did not need to disrupt user by remoting to their PC

5 Comments
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

A lot of the same or similar information can be found in ZCC in the device summary and other tabs for the device itself. 

Commander
Commander

Oh sorry its too general. To be specifics,:-

1) Closest server for roles - So that we can identify which relay servers/primary servers the devices are contacting to retrieve/send data

2) Current network environment and configuration location - to identify which location is assigned to the devices

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You could use ZCM's Remote Regedit to get the data from HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM\LocationData to see their "ZENworks Location".

It does not list the servers, but that would be known once you know the calculated location.

PowerShell and other scripts can remotely pull Registry Info as well, assuming that is permitted with Windows Security...which is not always the case...but if it is...it would be let you pull that same data and quite a bit more....

Note: I know quite a few folks have asked for "ZENworks Location" to be added to the device summary page.  If that were done, it would be even easier 🙂

Commander
Commander

Thanks you for that awesome info about ZCM remote regedit @CRAIGDWILSON. Just what we need at the moment. But I think this option is only applicable if client has ZCM entitlement right? Without ZCM entitlement, I think this cannot be done easily like sending bundle to set "ZENworks Location" environment variable so collection data form can record it to device's inventory

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is most likely the case.....I don't test much w/o that entitlement.

However, you can use just plain "Regedit.exe" with "Connect to Network Registry" under File.  Almost certainly you are on a Domain if you do not have full ZCM.  The should be open by default for a Domain Setup, but not a WorkGroup.....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.