New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

edit or add lauguage file

Idea ID 2806964

edit or add lauguage file

I would be nice if we can edit lauguage files to our locale (dutch).

Or add an translation to zenworks.

7 Comments
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Translations can already be done for ZAPP, but it would be nice if Dutch (and other languages) would be added as a default.

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Could you clarify if you want this for the end user (ZAPP) interface or the management interface (ZCC)?

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I would suggest to only translate:

* ZAPP

* Agent (notifications, admin tool etc)

* The zenworks-eup helping users to enroll mobile devices

* The App helping users to enroll mobile devices

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

Thanks. I'll do some investigation. I remember when we were developing ZAPP we made this a requirement, so I was thinking this capability might be there for ZAPP and possibly the EUP. Not sure about the others. In the meantime setting to Waiting for Votes to determine the interest level.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

It is indeed possible to have ZAPP in language of your choice. Here is a cool solution which details this - 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ZENworks-Tips-Information/ZAPP-in-Language-of-your-choice/ta-p/2816904

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Vikram, we're aware ZAPP can be translated but we have maintain such and is "hard" to keep in sync between customers, then not all are aware it can be done. It's a matter of user friendlyness. Then this only ZAPP and not like:

* Agent (notifications, admin/technician screen etc)

* The zenworks-eup helping users to enroll mobile devices

* The App helping users to enroll mobile devices

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My sentiments exactly as @sveld mentions.  Both user and IT admin friendliness would certainly be key here!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.