ah... now I understand, thanks

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 10.2.1 upgrade lost content repo

ahhh I was chasing another problem with the 10.2.1 upgrade and just found all my content-repo empty as well, this was a mounted drive as outlined in the sys admins guide pg 179-180 been like this for quite some months.....My original problem was going from 10.2.0 on a Win2003R2 32bit server last night to 10.2.1...came in this morning to find the stage (only 1 primary server) had failed with "This device was unable to rebuild the deployment packages. Check the loader-messages.log on the device for more details"- tried redeploying and followed TID 7003541......loader-messages.log reports (typed) There was an error getting the content from the system c:\program files\novell\zenworks\work\content-repo\system-update\{guid}\novell-zenworks-assetmanagementmodule-10.2.1.33626.msi (the system cannot find the path specified) - know why its been deleted and recreated with nothing in it.....Ok shaun have read 7004301.....My server has already rebooted and lost repo so I will follow the TID once able in about 2hrs once this has been done shaun what should i do with the half upgraded state (error message above) that has been caused by this....should i tell it to redeploy but then wouldnt the same thing happen.....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja,

the TID does show you how to recover even after the reboot...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi shaun thanks for the reply, yes your right between the two TIDS they do tell you what to do....restored the link to content repo without a prob as in TID 7004301 and then ran zman surp {guid} and clear error and redeploy in ZCC from TID 7003541....its the redeploy bit that I was worried about thought i might ask before biting the bulllet, ended up doing it once I noticed the time difference in the forums and all went fine.

mmmm be nice to know why engineering were out with there hash buckets when compiling this update LOL....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja,

we think it's a bug in the windows installer at the moment - it doesn't
understand redirected content, and reports back the wrong thing...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

oh ok, has the installer been changed with 10.2.1
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clarja,

no, but the work it's being asked to do is different. I am sure that we
will file a bug with Microsoft, but in the meantime we're looking at
the best way forward

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Since this is in the Reported to Engineering stage, should I avoid the 10.2.1 update if I have a Windows mount point as our Content Repo? Is there a work-around for windows?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i would wait.
im sure you can mount content-repo/images to another server/NAS

but there is no way you can mount content-repo/content to another Server/NAS.

always the same with this updates. they fix problems and make problems haha..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Geenick,

I updated the TID today with a workaround

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.