Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

10.2.2: Primary Servers not refreshing

We have 3 primary ZCM servers on SLES10 SP2 and none of them have reported a refresh since Dec 17th when we upgraded to 10.2.2.

Within ZCC they report: "Unable to connect through IP address or Host Name"

When I click Refresh Server I receive a "Connection Failed" message.

Finally, when I type 'zac ref' on a server I get this error:
Exception: Connection refused
UnableToCommunicateRemotingError

What's going on?? I can remote control devices, log in, and refresh devices. But the servers are being stubborn.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
kfreise Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 10.2.2: Primary Servers not refreshing

This is strange, it appears the agents on the servers weren't running. Even after a reboot it never started the service.

After starting all services with 'novell-zenworks-configure -c Start' I was able to manually refresh with 'zac ref'.

Did the 10.2.2 update prevent the ZenAgent from starting upon boot?
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Take a look here http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/396044-zcm-10-2-2-succesfully-updated-but-errors.html

Look at the tid where described to move the tomcat war files.

I think you have the same issue i had.

Kind regards,

Tristan
0 Likes
aord Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SEE ALSO TID
7000913: ZENworks Agent Daemon fails to load on XEN 64bit guest OS
this is known to give the error seen in the original post with
zac cc
and
zac ref
the 2nd post with the restart commands will start it up and fixed the
error we saw for another customer for zac commands.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.