heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

10.3.3 XP Clients Not seeing available bundles for 4-5 min.

Something is wrong with our ZCM system since the upgrade. 10.3.1 clients/users can logon to their PC's and they instantly can access their bundles via the start menu, windows explorer (Zenworks adaptive agent), and see them in the properties of the Z icon in the notification area if they click the Bundles link. For 10.3.3 clients, it is at least 4-5 minutes before they can access or see any of their bundles (device or user assigned). What happened? If it helps, policies appear to be applied just fine and are applying right away. It appears to be pretty consistent. I tried the 7 reboot thing that the other forum poster suggested and that has not fixed it.

I want to upgrade the agents asap to 10.3.3, but this unexpected glitch is holding me up. All servers are at 10.3.3 already. We use Suse/edir/sql.

Any thoughts?

zenworks911
Labels (2)
0 Likes
35 Replies
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 10.3.3 XP Clients Not seeing available bundles for 4-5 m

Here is the log file info during the 4 minute delay. You can see the gap pretty easily from 8:49 to 8:54.

[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:49:44.328] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [Settings Module] [] [Unable to refresh the System Settings on the device.] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:54:20.812] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [ModuleLoader] [] [Unexpected exception calling Instace property of module C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\modules\Novell.Zenworks.MDStatusSender.dll: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object() arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object() arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() index, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object() index)
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.ModuleLoader.LoadModule(ModuleFileInfo fileInfo)

Type: System.TypeInitializationException
Message: The type initializer for 'Novell.Zenworks.MDStatusSender.StatusSender' threw an exception.
Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object() arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object() arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object() index, CultureInfo culture)

Type: System.TypeLoadException
Message: Could not load type 'Novell.Zenworks.MDStatus.StatusLock' from assembly 'Novell.Zenworks.MDStatus, Version=10.3.0.27426, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Stack Trace:

] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:54:38.968] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [19] [] [Patch] [] [Loading Doc] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:54:38.968] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [19] [] [Patch] [] [Iterating Nodes] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:49:04.734] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/18/2011 08:49:13.312] [1504] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
0 Likes
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok guys, that last post may not be helpful as the machine that works just fine has the same gap in time in the log file. Only difference is that the 10.3.1 machines can still access all their apps during the gap in time while the 10.3.3 machines can NOT.
0 Likes
donasutton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I opened a SR with Novell and they are having us try the same thing. Can't patch until next week though. Will update then.
0 Likes
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Well, I have same, I think, situation -- ZCM 10.3.3 on top of SLES 11 SP1.
Please see http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-10/zcm10-agent-deployment/443134-zen-agent-service-delayed-start.html. Gap here is about 10 minutes for ZEN to start working on ws. And, also, when at once after restart to login then bundles etc. for users is not available either.
Tried patches suggested here -- all same, no help.
Time in log (see below):
18:53:55 > 18:52:59 > 19:06:29.
Must say can't recall was this ok before 10.3.3, I think ... not in 10.3 at all, but not sure, though.
Alar.
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:53:03.296] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [MessageLogger] [] [Settings passed to logger:<ZENSettings Version="1.0"><SettingConfiguration Name="LocalLog" Enabled="True" Revision="0"><Parameter Name="RollingType" Type="String" Value="Size" /><Parameter Name="BackupFiles" Type="Integer" Value="1" /><Parameter Name="FileSize" Type="Integer" Value="10" /><Parameter Name="FileSizeUnit" Type="String" Value="MB" /><Parameter Name="Severity" Type="Integer" Value="8" /></SettingConfiguration></ZENSettings>] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:53:55.909] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [17] [] [Settings Module] [] [Unable to refresh the System Settings on the device.] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:52:59.625] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:52:59.843] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.273] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Checksumming soap call with UID: ZoneConfig:GetZoneConfiguration] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.273] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Added checksum to request: f7ff88811b9961e2242ba1877b98bffbf7fdd820778cfc6b53669366124e78ef] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.336] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Using cached response.] [] []
0 Likes
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our existing clients are still on 10.3.1 even though our servers are at 10.3.3 and our servers are OES2/SLES 10 SP3. The 10.3.1 clients do not have the issue. Only 10.3.3 have the problem. It seems like when the user refresh happens post-logon, that is the trigger that makes them available. Ours is set at 5 minutes.

NovAlf;2130574 wrote:
Hi!
Well, I have same, I think, situation -- ZCM 10.3.3 on top of SLES 11 SP1.
Please see http://forums.novell.com/novell/novell-product-discussion-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-10/zcm10-agent-deployment/443134-zen-agent-service-delayed-start.html. Gap here is about 10 minutes for ZEN to start working on ws. And, also, when at once after restart to login then bundles etc. for users is not available either.
Tried patches suggested here -- all same, no help.
Time in log (see below):
18:53:55 > 18:52:59 > 19:06:29.
Must say can't recall was this ok before 10.3.3, I think ... not in 10.3 at all, but not sure, though.
Alar.
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:53:03.296] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [MessageLogger] [] [Settings passed to logger:<ZENSettings Version="1.0"><SettingConfiguration Name="LocalLog" Enabled="True" Revision="0"><Parameter Name="RollingType" Type="String" Value="Size" /><Parameter Name="BackupFiles" Type="Integer" Value="1" /><Parameter Name="FileSize" Type="Integer" Value="10" /><Parameter Name="FileSizeUnit" Type="String" Value="MB" /><Parameter Name="Severity" Type="Integer" Value="8" /></SettingConfiguration></ZENSettings>] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:53:55.909] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [17] [] [Settings Module] [] [Unable to refresh the System Settings on the device.] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:52:59.625] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 18:52:59.843] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [5] [] [ZenCache] [] [SqliteEntryInfoProvider: isBufferCacheEnabled is set to False] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.273] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Checksumming soap call with UID: ZoneConfig:GetZoneConfiguration] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.273] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Added checksum to request: f7ff88811b9961e2242ba1877b98bffbf7fdd820778cfc6b53669366124e78ef] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/22/2011 19:06:29.336] [2036] [ZenworksWindowsService] [42] [] [SoapUtility] [] [Using cached response.] [] []
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Well, in my case also device associated bundles start to work after this time gap! I mean, all ZEN-related stuff seems to start after ca 10 minutes after device is (re)started, even services is already started. Some kind of delay. And when user does login at once after (re)start he can't get associated bundles. Yes, policies seems to work, I mean, DLU volatile user can login after (well, not at once after restart, Thomas explained, this is by design, I mean login delay comparing to ZfD), but certainly much before this time gap end.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Have You got any solution(s) for this, yet!?
Alar.
0 Likes
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NovAlf;2134500 wrote:
Hi!
Have You got any solution(s) for this, yet!?
Alar.

No solution yet. Still dealing with other issues. Novell wants us to apply that Cosmetic post 10.3.3 patch, but they were exceedingly unhelpful in working with me on if it in fact the patch addressed the issue. I have been very disappointed in the quality of tech support lately.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, hope they find something, I have this cap (as I mentioned) about 10 minutes and does not matter how fast computer is, strange. Too bad when someone does restart computer and want to login at once. He succeed, but no bundles attached.
Yes, I totally agree with You about Novell support -- it was ok and with some people absolutely fantastic, must say! But now I have two SR's open and with one I asked to escalate ... 23.08 and no answer, not at all! Well, this problem disappear, seems to, after total blackout, but anyway!
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
heavyhaze Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I applied the cosmetic patch and it didn't make any difference. I sent in all the log files that they requested so hopefully that will tell them something. This 10.3.3 upgrade has been very painful and is not looking good for us.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.