Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
magedshaker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

3rd party VNC viewer, such as RealVNC or UltraVNC with ZCM10

Dear All

How can use 3rd party VNC viewer, such as RealVNC or UltraVNC with ZENworks 10.1.1 and apply zenworks rights through vnc viewer , how can do that and is possible or the only option is use vnc viewer to apply password policy via zenworks , please advice
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
rvhskent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 3rd party VNC viewer, such as RealVNC or UltraVNC with Z

there was a bug in 10.1 that prevented 3rd party vnc from connecting properly.
there was mention of it as a fix in 10.1.1 but i'd have to confirm that I can start using a regular vnc viewer with the agents. as a work around while they were fixing it they suggexted i use their vnc client nrzviewer, it works but you have to install it on each pc you want to run it from and it's burried deep in the file system. f

For us, before 10.1, i enabled vnc in the remote management policy with password authentication enabled. the agent will accept connections on port 5950.
0 Likes
rvhskent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i tested a regular vnc client (ultravnc) against a 10.1.1 agent and it's working again.
with 10.1 the client would connect, accept a password and immediately drop.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 3rd party VNC viewer, such as RealVNC or UltraVNC with ZCM10

Magedshaker,

password-based is the way

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
baltazb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The opposite for me.
I would like to prohibit any connections from any other sources than via the ZCC console. How can I secure my agents so they do not allow such connections form any VNC viewer.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 3rd party VNC viewer, such as RealVNC or UltraVNC with ZCM10

Don't enable Password Authentication.

"baltazb" <baltazb@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:baltazb.3n6vre@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> The opposite for me.
> I would like to prohibit any connections from any other sources than
> via the ZCC console. How can I secure my agents so they do not allow
> such connections form any VNC viewer.
>
>
> --
> baltazb
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> baltazb's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=17849
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=348064
>

0 Likes
rvhskent Absent Member.
Absent Member.

baltazb;1730297 wrote:
The opposite for me.
I would like to prohibit any connections from any other sources than via the ZCC console. How can I secure my agents so they do not allow such connections form any VNC viewer.

We had to change things from the default to allow us to get in vnc/nzrviewer style. i would guess by default you can't connect in this manner, the options are pretty clear in the remote management policy setup also. We really only went this route because we had no end of problems with rights based remote control when we deployed 10.0.1 so we had to open it up to be able to control the devices.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.