Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Actions failing with "Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile"

My "Guess" was code page.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"Shaun Pond" <spond@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:VA.0000c617.01ab6748@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Craig,
>
> or that we're expecting certain groups, like "administrators"? Or it's
> a codepage issue, and the "strange" characters that are ok in English
> don't work?
>
> --
>
> Shaun Pond
>
>

0 Likes
pmazurkiewicz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Actions failing with "Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile

One more thing - some MSI installs fail as well - if run as dynamic administrator.
Error (from Windows event log):
Event ID: 11324
User: S-1-5-21-232669228-2329703234-2824409670-1027
Product: MetaFrame Presentation Server Client -- Error 1324. The folder path '???????' contains an invalid character.

The same MSI installed with "Run normal (as logged in user)" completes fine, without any errors.
Unfortunately, avoiding DAU is not an option for us, as our users are not administrators...

Regards,
Pawel Mazurkiewicz
0 Likes
rycil01 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I have the same troubles : Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile. The pb occurs when i use Dynamic Administrator in ZCM when distributing .msi.

How do you have solved this issue ?

Thanks

pmazurkiewicz;1457595 wrote:
Environment: Zenworks 10.0.2.0, windows xp pro sp2 pl (polish)

Some install actions often fail with error: "[DAU] [Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile.]" in the zenworks log. In the windows event log I can see error 1505 ("Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.") followed by zenworks error ("Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile.").
So far seen it with registry (system) edit, "run script" (as dynamic administrator) and "edit file".
The same workstation sometimes fails, sometimes not. It looks that it happen more often or even exclusively when bundle is set to "force run" (launch schedule) as opposed to launching it by the user.

Anyone can help me with this?

Regards,
Pawel
0 Likes
sp1759507 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have changed all my installs to work under System account. i.e. I do not use Dynamic Administrator, as it is apparently broken when used on Windows XP PL ... 😞

I hope it will be fixed in next SP for ZCM.... There are some more bugs I rly hate, and I hope they will get fixed soon:
- problem with running registry edit action as user if user is a domain user (only system impersonation works if using AD). Effectively, I cant use ZEN registry edit action to change HKCU. I have to use "regedit /s" with launch action instead.
- there is no setup for ZCM adaptative agent 1.0.2. I have to install 1.0.1 and wait for it to be upgraded by ZEN.
- if there are multiple bundles assigned to the device (with force run aka "launch schedule" & every assigned bundle with launch bundle action inside) they all start to install together - instead of one by one - causing havoc. Usually some setups fail in this scenario. (imagine 20 setup programs running in the same moment...)

Regards,
Pawel

rycil01;1482401 wrote:
Hello,

I have the same troubles : Error 1008 Calling LoadUserProfile. The pb occurs when i use Dynamic Administrator in ZCM when distributing .msi.

How do you have solved this issue ?

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.