Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adaptive agent update ... how to

Can anyone tell me how to update the agents on all my PC's?

Running it manually fails with errors that it already exists. Which it does, but it's version 11.0.
Never heard of software that won't allow itself to update....
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jgaffney,

Did you go through this guide?
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/pdfdoc/zen11_upgrade/zen11_upgrade.pdf

To update all your PC's, use the system update, created under the upgrade of the first primary server.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you,
I have tried that, but I am unable to use the system update as the "Activiation" of it fails with the provided activation key..... yes, another issue.

However, I have SP2 installed and need to test the agent. How can I install it manually?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you also have this problem before you did the upgrade? You get this message: "You cannot receive new updates because System Update entitlement has not been configured", right?

I'll check if you're able to create a manually installation of the update...

jgaffney;2184822 wrote:
Thank you,
I have tried that, but I am unable to use the system update as the "Activiation" of it fails with the provided activation key..... yes, another issue.

However, I have SP2 installed and need to test the agent. How can I install it manually?

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here, clients are running agent 11.1 and the server 11.2. Please help!
How to upgrade the agentsoftware. We are running w7
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Same answer, follow the docs.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/pdfdoc/zen11_upgrade/zen11_upgrade.pdf

On 3/26/2012 4:06 PM, gemvld wrote:
>
> Same problem here, clients are running agent 11.1 and the server 11.2.
> Please help!
> How to upgrade the agentsoftware. We are running w7
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There's no supported way to do a manually upgrade of the agents.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2185343 wrote:
There's no supported way to do a manually upgrade of the agents.

I had to open a case to get a working Activation code. I can now update.
But a manual install would be very useful.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bin there myself... good you're on track.

Sure, but there's a lot going on during the upgrade, so it would be a large and complicated "bundle", you should create to make a manually upgrade. Plus the System Update works great in this case 😉

jgaffney;2185543 wrote:
I had to open a case to get a working Activation code. I can now update.
But a manual install would be very useful.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jgaffney,

you could still have got the manual zip file and imported that...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.