Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
timotheus
New Member.

Adding ADMX templates

I'm missing something obvious. I cannot find any documentation or instructions on how to add an ADMX template to my policy. Would somebody be so kind as to point me in the right direction please?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Adding ADMX templates

On 30.07.2018 21:44, timotheus wrote:
>
> I'm missing something obvious. I cannot find any documentation or
> instructions on how to add an ADMX template to my policy. Would somebody
> be so kind as to point me in the right direction please?
>
>

You add them to the local machine that you use to create the group
policy. The rest is automatic.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In GPEdit.msc .....
Right-Click on "Administrative Templates" under Computer Configuration or User Configuration and select "Add/Remove" Template.

This would be covered in the MS Docs, since GPEdit is a Windows tool.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
pwolfe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Right-Click and Add method only works for .adm files. NOT .admx

.admx file needs to be copied to the policy definitions folder on the system you will be editing the group policy on.

For instance

To add ADMX files to the Group Policy for ZENworks.

Close ZENworks Group Policy Editor.

Copy the ADMX files to the %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions\ folder on the computer you will use to edit the GPO.

Copy the corresponding .adml file to the %systemroot%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US\ or corresponding language file on the computer you will use to edit the GPO.

Once these are complete Open ZENworks and the policy you want to edit. These copied admx templates should now be available.

For more information: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530196.aspx

~ PWOLFE / MCCFL_MLA
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.