dmilam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding workstations to the domain during the imaging procces

we are moving to a domain enviroment and want to modify our existing imaging format to automatically join the workstation to the domain. At present the name of the computer is done by scripting an edit of the image safe data and have the zen agent change it.

when is it preferable to auto add the workstation to the domain?

1. during the sysprep mini install using the unattended.xml file
2. after the the mini setup and before the zen preagent install
3. after the zen preagent install
4. Can you edit the image safe data to have it prform this
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding workstations to the domain during the imaging procces

dmilam,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
dmilam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding workstations to the domain during the imaging pro

we decided to try
running the image scripts as before which renamed the computer using the image safe data and after zen agent is installed and computer reboots, runs another scripted that adds the pc to the domain
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Did it work for you?
Where do you get your workstation name from?
I've tried this for my self, but in my case ZENworks never renamed my devices, so I went another way.

Thanks.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
dmilam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes it seems to work

We have a script that
it reads the image safe data and if the name is not there it wait for user input to add the name. then it images the machine. at reboot it runs the mini setup and install the preagent which rename the pc according to the image safe data it reboots then joins the machine to the domain.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Okay, after we moved from imaging in zen 7 ón Linux to zen 11 ón Windows our auto naming didn't work. But I hope I Can get it back running when we move to only running the 11 agent so I Can use the image safe data 🙂

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.