Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Admin Rights to Reg and Unreg and uninstall agents

When trying to unreg agents on machines during the agent uninstall, my admins are being told they need to be superadmins. What individual rights are needed to circumvent this requirement? I don't want all of my SE's to be super admins.

RDR

Ron Robertson Unsuspecting Novell Test Pilot for Not Ready for Enterprise Systems MCNE, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, PDQ, SOS,
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Admin Rights to Reg and Unreg and uninstall agents

I started recieving this message post SP1. My techs have all rights to the devices yet it states they need to be super admins. Obviously I don’t want them to have the admin password, yet going around to all of these sites to put in my password so the workstation is removed from the zone is not an option.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've opened a ticket on this issue. SR # 10450872791 Will follow-up with Novell's answer.

Ron Robertson Unsuspecting Novell Test Pilot for Not Ready for Enterprise Systems MCNE, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, PDQ, SOS,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rroncme,

>When trying to unreg agents on machines during the agent uninstall, my
>admins are being told they need to be superadmins. What individual
>rights are needed to circumvent this requirement? I don't want all of my
>SE's to be super admins.

Are the users a member of the local admin group?

--
Jared Jennings
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here's Novell's answer.

Hello Ron,

This question has been asked by a few other customers:

And the developers responded:

As per design, we are allowing only the super admins to uninstall the agent. If this behaviour needs to be changed, we have to have an enhancement request.

Here is the link to enter an enhancement request:

Novell Login

Thanks
-Brad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.