Re: Adminstudio v9 Trial license expired

spond;1802518 wrote:
Luminous00,

looks like I misread a previous post: I didn't realise the problem was
sill happening. OK, so please can you tell me /exactly/ what it is
you're doing at this point?

--

Shaun Pond

I'll install and launch AdminStudio 9.0 (the iso I downloaded and installed was the AdminStudio90a which was the revised version) and it says the Trial license has expired, so I click on 'Own' and type in my serial and hit verify, and it says it was verified and then I click on Launch Application and it disappears. If you check the running processes it looks like the license manager is trying to run and check the license, but just doesn't do anything. When I checked my InstallShield.log it looked exactly like the one a few posts back.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Luminous00,

OK, for trial license expired, we are still working on a supported
solution from ACresso, but at the moment, they say that a low-level
format of the disk is all they support 😞

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

I've got the same problem. SUSE Enterprise 10 SP2 with ZCM 10.2. AdminStudioSE90a. (extracted the exe file). I've had it running before but with all the 10.1.3 issues my machine crashed and I had to replace it. I'd only used a week or so trial but on the new machine it came up with expired licence. Entered my Novell portal licence number, said it had verified the package and to hit launch, but then nothing. Then came 10.2. Rebuilt server, reinstalled ZCM, rebuilt workstation, rebuilt another workstation. Last rebuild it fired up as in its trial mode but on the next login it had expired. All I can think of is that I must have some token stuck it eDirectory. As I understand it the licence is for one user per device per zone. No problems there provided we can remove that install/token.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gerwil,

> All I can think of is that I must have
> some token stuck it eDirectory.
>

not with the latest version - it's entirely local. The connection to
ZCM when you install is only to validate that you're running in a ZCM
environment. This is still being worked on with Acresso, but that the
moment, the only sure way is a low-level format of the disk, or install
on another machine...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
michael_light Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are also seeing this problem. Would be good to get a solution that doesn't involve a low level format.
0 Likes
michael_light Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've just been told that if you do a quick zero (the first 60 sectors) of the hard disk it works also. Which is a little quicker obviously than a full zero.
0 Likes
mschroet Absent Member.
Absent Member.

michael_light;1829448 wrote:
I've just been told that if you do a quick zero (the first 60 sectors) of the hard disk it works also. Which is a little quicker obviously than a full zero.

any news on this? we experience the same problem. but we can't low-level our admin computers
0 Likes
ittoyota Absent Member.
Absent Member.

luminous00;1802661 wrote:
I'll install and launch AdminStudio 9.0 (the iso I downloaded and installed was the AdminStudio90a which was the revised version) and it says the Trial license has expired, so I click on 'Own' and type in my serial and hit verify, and it says it was verified and then I click on Launch Application and it disappears. If you check the running processes it looks like the license manager is trying to run and check the license, but just doesn't do anything. When I checked my InstallShield.log it looked exactly like the one a few posts back.

Hi,

ok, it is not the best way, but I gave the low level a try. It works!
If you use a development PC this schould not be a big deal.

Kind Regards

Frank
0 Likes
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A few month passed - anything new about AdminStudio Licensing?

I have a customer who got the same issue "Trial license has expired" on his main development PC.

On a different PC AdminStudio is running.

Thanks Klaus
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone have a answer, this is happening on both my PC's too.... I don't have the luxury of low level formatting !!

Andy
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone, please ? Low level format is not a great way to fix this !

Andy
0 Likes
kronosone Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bump... Anyone ?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.