jdkoerner Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Agent Status in ZCC Not Connected after 2020 client upgrade

None of my 2020 clients will show the agent connected in ZCC.

I get the typical 

ZENworks Agent Status:  The connection request failed for the following:  Unable to connect to the updater service and the agent service.

I can connect to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7628/RURunning and it shows the Agent is Running.  I can also Telnet to 7628 on the client from the ZCM appliance.    Quick Tasks will also never run just goes to Stopped after a few minutes.   Client time stamps are current in ZCC and everything else is functional(bundles, policies, remoting, etc.) 

Clients not updated(still 17.4)  will show the green light and Quick Tasks run. 

Any ideas of what else to check out

Jim

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Honored Contributor.

Re: Agent Status in ZCC Not Connected after 2020 client upgrade

I have also noticed in any client upgraded to 2020 I see the following errors in the Message log. Any machine still at 17.4 does not show there errors. Not sure if it is related. Don't know what a launcher configuration policy is. Only reference I found was an old TID
https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7009874.

Warning
The action launcher configuration policy (ID:launcher configuration policy) failed due to the reason : partiallyFailedToEnforcePolicy, however the action is set to continue on failure.
10:52 AM
Warning
The action launcher configuration policy (ID:launcher configuration policy) failed due to the reason : failedToEnforcePolicy, however the action is set to continue on failure.
10:52 AM
Critical
There was an error while unenforcing the policy.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would just recommend an SR....No idea really.....

Note: It may be normal for ZCM 2017.x Agents to get those errors on "Explorer Configuration Polices" in a 20202 Zone.  In fact, any time the agent is older than the zone....even in 2017.x, there could be a case where a NEW policy was made that had settings the older agent did not understand.  It would toss errors, even though it would still process all the settings it could understand fine.

I have a bug open to fix that so it will silently ignore stuff it is too old to know about.  But this is not your issue and not even new to 2020.  It could happen between versions in 2017.....which is why the issue was originally raised.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

As a follow up from my SR it turned out to be a Zenworks Updater file that has cached IP information.  The file is never updated once the initial install of Zenworks happens which is more or less ok unless something gets changed like a port or IP.  Even updates do not cause a refresh of the file.  In my case our port setting was updated from 81 to 80 during a Lighthouse upgrade to 17.3 or 17.4.  Thus the update service would always try to connect to 81 due to the cache file.  %Zenworks_Home%\ZeUS\cache\IPToPortMapping is the file.

Ended up making a bundle that stops the Zenworks Updater service, deletes the file, and then restarts it.  That causes the file to be recreated and took care of my problem.  Didn't see a TID come out about it yet.

Jim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.