Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2110 views

Agent Version on PCs

Hello,
I have applied SP2 to my server and all workstations, but the agent reports different versions.

When I go into the Adaptive agent properties (right click, show properties) an any workstation.

Under "Zenworks Adaptive Agent Properties". It lists the "Zenwork Adaptive Agent Version" as 11.0.0.41501.

If I scroll down and view the "Agent Status" it lists the version as such:

Agent Status Version Status
Bundle Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
Image Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
Inventory Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
Policy Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
Remote Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
User Management 11.2.0.15997 Running

Is this normal?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is perfectly normal.
Only 11.2.0 is important.
The final set of numbers can vary quite a bit, even though they are
mostly consistent.

In this case, most likely the User Management MSI did not need any
updating for quite a while and hence did not receive an updated number.

But I can confirm that .15997 is perfectly normal.

Even more rare but still possible is that certain MSIs may not be
upgraded at all. For example, if there are Zero Remote Management
issues to fix for ZCM 11.2.1, that MSI might actually remain at 11.2.0,
while others are upgraded to 11.2.1

On 3/27/2012 3:26 PM, jgaffney wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have applied SP2 to my server and all workstations, but the agent
> reports different versions.
>
> When I go into the Adaptive agent properties (right click, show
> properties) an any workstation.
>
> Under "Zenworks Adaptive Agent Properties". It lists the "Zenwork
> Adaptive Agent Version" as 11.0.0.41501.
>
> If I scroll down and view the "Agent Status" it lists the version as
> such:
>
> Agent Status Version Status
> Bundle Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
> Image Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
> Inventory Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
> Policy Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
> Remote Management 11.2.0.16054 Running
> User Management 11.2.0.15997 Running
>
> Is this normal?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So the "status agents" all list 11.2.xxx, but above that, it says the "Zenworks Adaptive Agent properties" Version is 11.0.0.41501

Is that an issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jgaffney,

it should be reading 11.2.0.16117

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2186352 wrote:
Jgaffney,

it should be reading 11.2.0.16117

--

Shaun Pond


OK, anyone know how this can be fixed?
Re-installs just say it's already installed....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jgaffney,

all of your agents are the same? Do you see the same problem on a new
agent?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2186576 wrote:
Jgaffney,

all of your agents are the same? Do you see the same problem on a new
agent?

--

Shaun Pond


All of mine are updates. I don't have new one's to try.
Isn't there a way to force the install?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I see the same issue here - cannot do a manual install "say already installed"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jgaffney,

no vmware, or anything like that for testing?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Roehmdo,

you have exactly those agent versions?

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

actually I updated our server to ZCM 11.2.. The agents on my 3 test computers are 11.1 agent.. I am trying to update them to the 11.2 agent when I get the "already installed" message.. is there a "force install" paramater I can add to the install line..
I downloaded the new agent from the zcm server to the local hard drive and tried to do a manual install of the updated agent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did the system update page on ZCC show the device as successful? Normally, if there is an error in at least one of the msi installs, the version is not updated on the zenworks agent so that the update can be deployed again from ZCC to that device.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.