Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Agent update 17.4 or 17.4.1 (1a)?

I recently completed my upgrade from ZCM 17.0.0 (no update) to the most currently release 17 Update 4 FTF1a (17.4.1). It's kind of a bummer that if I want to get my clients totally updated it takes two reboots, where you have to update to 17.4.0 and then to 17.4.1.

I was curious what everything thought about just upgrading the client agents to 17.4.0 and skipping the 1a patch. I've already put the most recent 17.4.1 into my image so at least new machines get the latest and greatest. I just don't care for the two reboot thing, and I have about 35,000 Windows machines.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Agent update 17.4 or 17.4.1 (1a)?

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023841 is the official list of fixes.

The most common issue/problem that customers reported in ZCM 17.4 that is fixed in 17.4.1 seemed to involve "Quick Tasks".  This is fixed on the server side, not agent side.

I would definitely consider only apply ZCM 17.4 to the devices to avoid the double reboot.

If it turns out there is a Specific ZCM 17.4.0 Client Side issue that DOES impact your environment, it may be possible to get a fix for that specific issue that can be integrated directly into the ZCM 17.4.0 System Update itself so that any device upgrading from 17.0 to 17.4 would have that patch and any newly installed device would have the fix.  (Many but not all of the Fixes in 17.4.1, had "Official FTFs" built for 17.4.0 that allowed for this functionality.)

Off the top of my head, I cannot think of any specific agent side fix that I would say is universally needed.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: Many of the issues listed as "Fixed" were customer specific or only happen under very specific conditions generally not seen. Thus just because an issue is listed as "Fixed", does not mean one would see it without the 17.4.1 patch.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
bbilut Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Awesome! Thanks for the input. I think I'll look into just doing the 17.4.0 upgrade.

Thanks again Craig!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.