schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone have any luck Imaging a Lenovo T420 with ZEN 10?

I have a ZEN 10 server setup and got the latest (March 2011) BootCD.iso, but still am unable to image one of the New Lenovo T420 Laptops. Has anyone had any luck, or have a bootcd.iso that will work with them?

Thanks

Bill
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Anyone have any luck Imaging a Lenovo T420 with ZEN 10?

schoenb;2110801 wrote:
I have a ZEN 10 server setup and got the latest (March 2011) BootCD.iso, but still am unable to image one of the New Lenovo T420 Laptops. Has anyone had any luck, or have a bootcd.iso that will work with them?

Thanks

Bill

Try this one: NOVELL: Downloads - ftf_zcm11_e1000e_1.3.10a.zip

Thomas
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thomas,

that build was supposed to be hidden, something went wrong with the
build process 😞

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yep, I tried to download it and says it restricted. Any other ideas? We're getting ready for a sales rollout and have to image about 200 Lenovo T420 laptops.
0 Likes
dprill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If the network card is not being recognized, try TID 3421576. We just got in some 420s where the NIC wasn't being recognized. I added newid="0x8086 0x1502,e1000e" to the z_auto.cfg and z_maint.cfg files and now the NIC driver is being loaded.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Schoenb,

the build process went wrong - the same problem that made it visible
stopped it being accessible! It should be OK now

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! I just downloaded it. I'll see if I can get that to work.

Bill
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, made the new CD and tested it with a Lenovo T410 and T43p laptop, which worked with the older boot.iso. They both work fine. So now I know the cd works I tried it on the Lenovo T420. I not get "Unable to connect to preboot server, the product license might have expired" which makes me think it's still now loading the correct Nic drivers.
Have any other ideas for me?

Thanks againg for the help.
Bill
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Schoenb,

do what dprill did, and add those lines to the cfg files

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok, pulling my hair out now. lol. If I just do maunal and type it in there newid="0x8086 0x1502.e1000e" I can see the network, ping and it will image. But if I put it in the isolinux.cfg file, it then shows on line after boot, but can't see the network. Very weird.
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Finally got it now. It might have been the editor I used to edit the cfg file. Used another and it works now.

Thanks all for all the quick responces and help!

Bill
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Schoenb,

brilliant - I expect this to be included in the June update 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.