Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Apple IOS Konfigurator

Hello,
I tried to use the new Bundle for IOS configuration profile and created a profile with the old and only Windows Iphone Configuration Program Version 3.6.2. This tool from Apple is the last one running on Windows.
I created and saved the profile signed and unsigned and exported it and tried to import the config file in ZCM 2017.
I get the message "The imported profile is not a valid profile".
What will be checked with the config file?
Can I change something in the config file to use it?
I don´t have a Mac PC to use the new version of this program.

Andy
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The iPhone Configurator tool that is available on net is outdated and no longer supported by Apple. However I downloaded this and I could get it working. Just make sure "Mobile Device Management" payload is not configured and then you should be able to import the profile. I configured a webclip payload and was able to import in ZENworks and create a bundle out of it and then assigned it to a device and it flew down.

Below is the plist that I exported from the iPhone Configuration Utility which worked.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PayloadContent</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>FullScreen</key>
<true/>
<key>IsRemovable</key>
<true/>
<key>Label</key>
<string>test</string>
<key>PayloadDescription</key>
<string>Adds a Web Clip.</string>
<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
<string>Web Clip (test)</string>
<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
<string>com.novell.zmm.restricitons.new.webclip1</string>
<key>PayloadOrganization</key>
<string>Novell</string>
<key>PayloadType</key>
<string>com.apple.webClip.managed</string>
<key>PayloadUUID</key>
<string>5FD95165-1A19-4120-8F2D-A545526B15EC</string>
<key>PayloadVersion</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>URL</key>
<string>https://www.novell.com</string>
</dict>
</array>
<key>PayloadDescription</key>
<string>Test</string>
<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
<string>NewRestrictions</string>
<key>PayloadIdentifier</key>
<string>com.novell.zmm.restricitons.new</string>
<key>PayloadOrganization</key>
<string>Novell</string>
<key>PayloadRemovalDisallowed</key>
<false/>
<key>PayloadType</key>
<string>Configuration</string>
<key>PayloadUUID</key>
<string>CA54F434-F4FD-43BC-B2C3-F26699D3E3A6</string>
<key>PayloadVersion</key>
<integer>1</integer>
</dict>
</plist>
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had tested IOS configuration profiles created from iPhone Configuration Utility on windows. We had tried with a few profiles, all of which seemed to work. On the validation front, we validate the following tags : payload identifier, payload version& payload uuid for the entire profile and type, displayname for each child payload. As long as these tags and their corresponding values are present, we allow the import of such profiles.

In case you still face issues, kindly share the profile with us(You can mask any sensitive information). We will check the same from our end.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.