Commodore
Commodore

Apply Suite license to individual product

Is there a way to allow an individual product to be covered by the suite license counting in ZAM?

Case: Workstation has Office 2010 standard installed and licensed. user needs to use an old Access 2003 file, We have virtualized Access 2003 from the Office 2003 Pro suite. we have available licenses from the Suite, but ZAM counts the discovered Access 2003 as standalone product and not part of the suite and therefore shows out of compliance.

Also, I have noticed if you copy the installation source locally to a workstation, ZAM then counts those as standalone products in need of licensing even though the suite is installed and licensed on the workstation. Any way to take care of that situation as well? Can not just ignore those standalone discoveries as they may fall under the Access 2003 situation above. And if I merge the standalone into the Suite, then it counts both of them against suite license even though they are on the same workstation.

Thank you,
Mike
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Commodore
Commodore

Ok, I found a way to get around some of it. I can exclude the path where the installation is typically located. So it is only the first case that appears to really be the issue. (counting the ZAV product in the suite licensing) Is that the case that now I should Merge that into the suite product?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.