Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Authentication failure for one user

floort;2120264 wrote:
Nice, Do you know what was the problem, and what's fixed in CAP2 for that issue?

Hey. I am not sure what the problem was... BUT now I deployed the CAP2a, big mistake, now the error is back 😞 This is very frustrating... so I have to go back to the CAP2, this worked for me.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just removed the files from the primary server, restarted the services, and yes now I am able to login again. Did only remove the 3 files from CAP2a. With the other files from CAP2, it works for me.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

the CAP2a fix was only for the bundle launch problem, there should be
zero affect for logins, did you do anything else, like redeploy the
agent?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2120612 wrote:
Nop1983,

the CAP2a fix was only for the bundle launch problem, there should be
zero affect for logins, did you do anything else, like redeploy the
agent?

--

Shaun Pond

Hi Shaun

What do you meen by "redeploy the agent"?
It was all my users, that allready was installed, that got the error. And also if I installed the new version on a new workstation.
And no, I dont believe I did anything else 😉 All I know is, that when I removed the files and restartet the services, they where able to login again.

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

then I would say that it's some other cause - the /only/ thing I know
of that requires a restart of the services is after you've done a
rebuild of the extractor packs, you can't register new machines until
you do that.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did rebuild the extractor packs, therefor I restarted the services.
There was no problems registering machines, even with the CAP2a. It was only the login that failed.
But yes, maby this is something else... just funny that it came after I added the CAP2a. And worked again after I removed it...

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

well I don't know if you'll be able to put the files back, but if you
can, I'd be extremely interested; if it did cause a problem, none of
the engineers knows why...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2120991 wrote:
Nop1983,

well I don't know if you'll be able to put the files back, but if you
can, I'd be extremely interested; if it did cause a problem, none of
the engineers knows why...

--

Shaun Pond

Well I Think it's worth it, so I'll try. I'm on vacation, so maby my responds Will be at little late, but I'll give it a go.

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

I appreciate it

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.