Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundle Help needed - Office 2007

Hi
I have created a simple bundle to install Office 2007.

The first install task displays a message which works fine, the second task installs the Office Directory to the C Drive again works fine.

Then I have a few launch options the first is to launch setup.exe (C:\Outlook2007\setup.exe /adminfile C:\Outlook2007\Updates\unattend.msp) However this doesn't run, leaving the bundle on the machine but not installed. can someone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks
Andy

Andy :eek:
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle Help needed - Office 2007

What happens when you run that command as an admin account (so you can see the GUI interface) ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andy - No it doesn't show the GUI at all. I have actually obtained a document from Novell on how to do it, which still has a few quirks, one of which is that it doesn't check to see if the requirements are met so it downloads the bundles all the time.

Andy :eek:
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Blueboy1878, rename unattend.msp to _unattend.msp then just run setup.exe without any other options.

Adding the _ makes your custom msp file alphabetically highest and will be processed first in your Updates folder.

Blueboy1878;1844130 wrote:
Hi
I have created a simple bundle to install Office 2007.

The first install task displays a message which works fine, the second task installs the Office Directory to the C Drive again works fine.

Then I have a few launch options the first is to launch setup.exe (C:\Outlook2007\setup.exe /adminfile C:\Outlook2007\Updates\unattend.msp) However this doesn't run, leaving the bundle on the machine but not installed. can someone point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks
Andy
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.