UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

Bundle change date and time

Is there a place to see when a bundle was updated or changed?  For example, I can't remember if I update an app, but the setup is generic with no version number.  If I am randomly updating some applications but can't remember if I updated that one in the last year, the last update time might tell me I can skip it.

With version numbers in the app, I don't have to worry about it obviously.  Or I can I can edit filename, as well.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Sadly, I do not believe that is available.

The zBundle has the "Creation" time, but that is not updated when a bundle is modified.  I 100% agree having this data and easily visible in the ZCC would be fantastic.  

One could put admin notes into bundles when modifying them.  (Yeah, I'm rolling my eyes at that one too.  )

One could enable bundle auditing, which can be useful since it is automatic, but obviously, the data is more difficult to pull up than if it was on the bundle itself.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: If you put this on the idea page, I would do the vote for it 'Chicago Style'....Early and Often 🙂

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Like Craig said, there's no easy way, however we have learned some lessons:

Setting up audit on bundles is a pretty nice thing:

I had to enable it at the time I got support in bundle creation... So right now we can review WHO did WHAT. However these data won't stay forever (I guess I set it up for 180 days, maybe shorter...). For your example - this information wouldn't be available anymore...

But there are some nice additional practices:

Admin notes is just one part: Author's leave a short message there (name, date, short description of change - if needed).

For more complex bundles it's even useful to have the default action steps marked, so an action "Registry Edit" would change to "RegEd 300321"

There are a few more rules as we like to build chained bundles...

So far it works well, the "change date" (published) wouldn't help that much because it might be reflect ANY change that requires a new version (like change of Description, visible name, move to another folder) without touching the actions at all...

Just a few thoughts

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.