Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
starrdog222 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bundle fails to launch executable with dynamic administrator

I have created a bundle that creates a local directory then copies the file that is loaded into the content-repo then is set to execute from that directory. The launch executable command is set to run using the dynamic administrator.

The bundle creates the directory and copies the file correctly but when it tries to launch the exe. it fails. If I change the bundle to use the logged in user or the secure system account it runs. This was working a few weeks ago. I am assuming that it has something to do with the dynamic administrator account but cannot seem to track down the issue. Anyone have any ideas??

Chuck
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
eprovazek Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle fails to launch executable with dynamic administr

starrdog222;2032621 wrote:
I have created a bundle that creates a local directory then copies the file that is loaded into the content-repo then is set to execute from that directory. The launch executable command is set to run using the dynamic administrator.

The bundle creates the directory and copies the file correctly but when it tries to launch the exe. it fails. If I change the bundle to use the logged in user or the secure system account it runs. This was working a few weeks ago. I am assuming that it has something to do with the dynamic administrator account but cannot seem to track down the issue. Anyone have any ideas??

Chuck

We are experienceing the same problem. We are assuming the same in regard to something to do with dynamic administrator. The only thing that has changed in the last couple weeks since this started happening is the fact that we upgraded the servers to 10.3.1. We have an SR in with support, but they're still narrowing down the specifics and nothing at all has been accomplished with that yet.
0 Likes
starrdog222 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bundle fails to launch executable with dynamic administr

I have done some more testing and here are some details of what I have found. I failed to mention in my initial post that I have been attempting to deploy this app to an HP 5740 XP Embedded thin client running HPs version of the OS. On this device the installs fail like I described. If I run this same app to a normal desktop running Windows XP SP3 it installs perfectly.

So now this is an XPe issue and not a problem with my installer. If anyone has any ideas I would still appreciate the input. I will post again if HP is able to provide me with a solution.

Chuck
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.