txlnghrn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CachedItemError (Bundle Name)

I'm getting this error "CachedItemError (Bundle Name)" when deploying a bundle with files uploaded to the ZCM server.
We are running 11.2.2 on the servers and desktops.
Bundles that are shortcuts or file copies do not have this issue.

Example I'm working on our Groupwise 2012 deployment, simple msi and mst files uploaded to our zcm server.
When you click on the icon in your nal window to deploy, it acts like it starts to install, (ZCM progress shows up)then it gives the error.
I've tried distributing the bundle to the workstation first, and when the workstation is refreshed you see the ZCM "Downloading Application" progress window comes up for a second, but then dissapears.

Thanks
TJ
Labels (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: CachedItemError (Bundle Name)

Txlnghrn,
> I'm getting this error "CachedItemError (Bundle Name)" when deploying a
> bundle with files uploaded to the ZCM server.
> We are running 11.2.2 on the servers and desktops.
> Bundles that are shortcuts or file copies do not have this issue.
>
> Example I'm working on our Groupwise 2012 deployment, simple msi and
> mst files uploaded to our zcm server.
> When you click on the icon in your nal window to deploy, it acts like
> it starts to install, (ZCM progress shows up)then it gives the error.
> I've tried distributing the bundle to the workstation first, and when
> the workstation is refreshed you see the ZCM "Downloading Application"
> progress window comes up for a second, but then dissapears.

Does it work if you log in as an admin?

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
gleach1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I saw this same error a few days ago with a bundle with an install directory that was a couple of gig in size
my issue was to do with the content not bundling up properly
i'd check what the bundle size is reported as and whether it's replicated properly, failing that i'd upload the files in your actions again
when you distribute your bundle, do a search in the local zmd/cache directory for you groupwise msi file and mst, check the count and size of the folder that it's in and compare to the original source you uploaded

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

gleach1;2237184 wrote:
I saw this same error a few days ago with a bundle with an install directory that was a couple of gig in size
my issue was to do with the content not bundling up properly
i'd check what the bundle size is reported as and whether it's replicated properly, failing that i'd upload the files in your actions again
when you distribute your bundle, do a search in the local zmd/cache directory for you groupwise msi file and mst, check the count and size of the folder that it's in and compare to the original source you uploaded

There's still a bug where if you exit out of the ZCC or timeout after uploading bundle content, it will corrupt the content.
Possibly that's the issue you encountered?

One thing you could do is use Beyond Compare against the downloaded cached content on the workstation vs. what you uploaded to see if stuff is missing.
If it is, then you'll have to re-upload the content again and stay logged into the ZCC for a bit (basically the ZCC lies when it says it's finished. In reality its only uploaded to a temp spot and the server processes it "for real" in the background, but it requires that your ZCC session be active).
0 Likes
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Same error here, just yesterday noticed. ZCM 11.2.2. Never seen this with ZCM 10.3. Directory install bundle. Tried to upload dir again, same, also refreshing, nothing. ZCC is constantly open. With another similar bundle it was resolved after upload renew.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did delete dir install action and recreated it ... seems to solved the issue for now. Bug?
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Created another similar bundle ... same happen, recreated dir install action ... still same. Mh.
Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
ZCM 11.2.3. Should be this problem solved? (It is not, seems to.) Taking a deep breath at some point after uploading files (not moving forward) does help.
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;2263673 wrote:
Hi!
ZCM 11.2.3. Should be this problem solved? (It is not, seems to.) Taking a deep breath at some point after uploading files (not moving forward) does help.
Alar.

IF your situation is caused by the bundle upload bug I'm referring to, no it's not fixed in 11.2.3 or 11.2.3a either.

But I do not know if that is the issue you are having or not.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Well, definitely looks like this error and workaround is just to wait leaving these ZCC pages described here.
Alar.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

NovAlf;2263847 wrote:
Hi again!
Well, definitely looks like this error and workaround is just to wait leaving these ZCC pages described here.
Alar.

You may also want/need to increase your ZCC timeout (it's in the installation docs somewhere). from the default of 30 minutes.
We increased ours to 60 minutes.

But every time you do a system update on the Primaries, you'll need to re-adjust the xml file as the timeout gets overwritten again.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
My issue seems to be exactly as You described it above -- when I too fast leave the actions page (even ZCC shows it's done) files not getting uploaded/placed or whatever correctly. When I leave a cap ... before leaving page, seems to be ok.
I have in ZCC our primary server (placed) in frequently used items column as first item and then ZCC does not log out automatically. I work with ZCM on daily basis, anyway, so, good to have access to it console wo entering credentials again and again. 😃
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.