Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
bowersgt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't Install 10.3 agent, it says it is already installed

Here is our problem. It is a bit unique, but still a problem.
We had a ZCM Zen server about a year ago. We had several labsl tied to it.
It worked pretty good. It was a 10.01 server, when we wanted to upgrade to 10.3, it was like a nightmare on elm street!!
We had an excellent Novell engineer assist us on cleaning up our Zen environment. We ended up building a new server up, which of course orphaned a lot of workstations. Here is where we are getting into trouble.
Quick Secario:
New Zen ZCM server in place:
Many workstations with old Zen agents on a lower level, orphaned from the original Zen Server which was so hosed it could not be rebuild.

How can I get a "Zen Agent Free" workstation, from this mass of mess in our labs that have the old agent on them. Even when I use the agent removal tool,when I push an image to the "cleaned" workstation, it puts an agent back on the machine. And it is not current and is not managed?

I am in need of some serious help!!! 😉

Garry
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
k_eltanahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't Install 10.3 agent, it says it is already installe

well if you have have a lot of devices and have a active directory you can use group policy to run script using.
zac unr -f
to unregister locally
then
zac reg to register to the new server the systems with the old agents
then you can lanuch a bundle to upgrade to 10.0.3
10.0.1 or 10.0.2 Agents do not update to 10.1 0 150643585

then you can update the agent form zcm server to 10.3
but if it is small amout you can use zcm agent clean up tool to remove the agent

cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.