Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't check for system updates after 2017 upgrade

I have a single primary server ZCM linux appliance that I upgraded from ZCM 11.4.3 to 2017 back in May. As far as I could tell, everything went OK. Recently I went to system updates to check for new pru's and I got the following error:

There was a failure when attempting to contact Novell Customer Center to retrieve available updates. Be sure that you have internet connectivity and that system update has been configured with the correct proxy information: An incorrect http status was received: 403
See the ZENworks Control Center log file (zcc.log) for the full stack trace.

When I looked at the zcc.log in /vastorage/var/opt/novell/log/zenworks, the last entry was May 4th which was when I did the update. Looking at the zman.log in the same directory I find that the last update for it was also May 4th. Same for sybase.log.

We do not have a proxy server and the update process was working fine in 11.4.3.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Dan
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have also gotten this warning emailed to me from time to time from the ZCM appliance:

Warning: [6/20/17 2:35:13 PM] System Update lib System Update entitlement state (DB) : ACTIVE

I don't know if it is related or not. The warning message makes no sense to me and how would it be a warning if the entitlement state is 'active'?

Thanks,

Dan
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I saw this too but after that I saw
[TRACE] [06/21/2017 08:22:36.181] [21223] [ZENService] [107] [] [System Update lib] [] [FINE: Unable to get license type for product com.novell.zenworks.zam] [java.lang.NullPointerException
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We've had the same problem - you have to reenter the Activation Code (you can find it in the Customer Center) under Configuration - Infrastructure Mangement - System Update Settings.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, that did it. I had checked the activation code in that spot in the ZCC and it said 'Active'. However, after re-entering it, I was able to download the PRU.

Thanks again,
Dan
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. That did the trick.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for this. Funny the word activation isn't even in the Upgrade Guide, even in the readme where it talks about the licensing there is no mention of this activation. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.