Highlighted
elphantasmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't find or run ZENworks Management Daemon.

On a SLES 11 x64 satellite server, I get the following error when trying to run "zac" commands:

"ZENworks Management Daemon may not be running or is not fully initialized yet"

I can't find it to install or run.

chkconfig -s novell-zmd on
novell-zmd: unknown service

How do I get it running again?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can't find or run ZENworks Management Daemon.

Elphantasmo,
> On a SLES 11 x64 satellite server, I get the following error when trying
> to run "zac" commands:

Has it ever worked? What does

/etc/init.d/novell-zenworks-xplatzmd status

say?

- Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
cbeckett Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't find or run ZENworks Management Daemon.

I just hit this same issue and as it turned out, the Linux device was not able to reach the Primary server listed in the certificates (check your zmd-messages.log file to see where the device is reaching out to and make sure it's pingable and resolvable - I'd made a mistake not changing the hostname before installing ZCM - long story). Once I'd added secondary IP addresses to the Primaries, zac commands started to work. This error is a bit of a misnomer, but this is how I fixed it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.