Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot manage computers that have been discovered

When I run our discovery task it reports having discovered computers and I can see them in the results tab, but I cant do anything with them as they dont show up on any of the devices lists. Some of them already have the agent on them, some not, but either way I cant seem to import them in properly so I can manage them. Am I missing something? Running Zen 10.2.

Thanks in advance
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cannot manage computers that have been discovered

Once the machines have been discovered, you then need to deploy the agent to these machines. Depending on how you have things configured, the installation of the agent 'should' register the devices in the zone, once this has happened you should be able to manage them in the devices section.

See the following section of the documentation for help with deployment:
Novell Documentation

You mention that some devices have the agent on them, are they currently registered in the zone? What do you see if you do a properties on the Z icon in the systray?

If they are not registered in the zone, can you manually register them?
zac reg https://your_primary_server_dns

Let me know how you go
Cheers
Heath

rodriguezh;2027277 wrote:
When I run our discovery task it reports having discovered computers and I can see them in the results tab, but I cant do anything with them as they dont show up on any of the devices lists. Some of them already have the agent on them, some not, but either way I cant seem to import them in properly so I can manage them. Am I missing something? Running Zen 10.2.

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

They are not registered in the zone - the only place I can see them is on the results tab of the discovery task. When I look at the properties on the agent is shows that is not being managed. When I ran the zac reg these were the results: "service error code -21 message could not determine device type from {os} tag:unsupported
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What version of the agent is installed on the workstations? There were some error 21 issues with tablet edition as discussed in TID 7001860:
Attempting to register a ZCM Windows XP sp 3 Tablet PC errors "Could not determine device type."

However, if you do not yet have any devices registered, I would use the opportunity to update the system to 10.3.1, install the new agent on a machine and see if you can regsiter in the zone. It will obviously be less risky and easier to update ZCM before you have devices registered....and you never know, after the update your problems could all be fixed 🙂

Let me know how you go..

Cheers
Heath

rodriguezh;2027857 wrote:
They are not registered in the zone - the only place I can see them is on the results tab of the discovery task. When I look at the properties on the agent is shows that is not being managed. When I ran the zac reg these were the results: "service error code -21 message could not determine device type from {os} tag:unsupported
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.