excQ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change 11.4 Agent to 2017

Hello,

is there a good way on a client to install the agent on 2017?

I have a new server for ZCM 2017 and I would like to install the current agent on the clients with respect to the new server.

What do I do best?

Bye,
excQ
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Change 11.4 Agent to 2017

If you have not upgraded your ZCM 2017 Server to Update 2...………
I would recommend doing that prior to updating your agent.
ZCM 2017 Update 0 is quite old.
Update 3 is due in August, but that update will not be nearly as important as getting from Update 0 to Update 2.

This is the Guide for Performing a System Update.
It covers both updating your server as well as updating your agents.
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-2/zen_sys_updates/data/bookinfo.html

If you built an entirely new zone and your agents are in an old zone, you can use a bundle in your old zone to move them to the new zone.
Then system update in the new Zone will upgrade them for you to 2017 Update 2.

see - https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7000620
Since most of your devices are likely Windows 7 or later, use the CertUtil.exe example:
"certutil.exe -addstore Root ca.der"

excQ;2483716 wrote:
Hello,

is there a good way on a client to install the agent on 2017?

I have a new server for ZCM 2017 and I would like to install the current agent on the clients with respect to the new server.

What do I do best?

Bye,
excQ
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.