Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
rsedoc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change ZENworks Explorer Path for multiple Bundles

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to change the ZENworks Explorer Path for multiple Bundles in 1 go?

If tried lookin for it in the zman command, but I couldn't find an option to do this... but maybe Im just not lookin in the right direction.

I hope there is a way... or else it's gonna b a lot of click 'n del work...

thanks in Advance...

Rey

Remondo Sedoc Novell Technical Support Engineer NTS ZENworks EMEA
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Change ZENworks Explorer Path for multiple Bundles

Try creating subfolders under the bundles folder and then move the app bundles into them. It's a bit hit and miss. Watch out for duplicated bundles. Increment bundle as usual. Explorer paths are from /applications/etc

Cheers
0 Likes
rsedoc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

lol, that's exactly what I'm doing, but loads of bundles (which were migrated from ZEN7) have a Path configuration. I'm moving the bundles to these folders and I'm deleting all path configurations. If I don't, the bundle will show up in the NAL with the path configured in the bundle.

Remondo Sedoc Novell Technical Support Engineer NTS ZENworks EMEA
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

OK I've clicked I think

If you create a bundle and put it in a folder say \Applications\Adobe\ then the icon will appear in the application launcher under Applications-Test, provided nothing is in the 'ZENworks Explorer Folder Path' on the summary page for that bundle.

If you add a path of 'Test' then it will appear in Applications-Adobe-Test. If you add a path of '\Test' then it will appear in Test. The folder location is ignored.

So its a 'either or' show. Bit of duplication actually. Can't see where both ways would be required.

As an enhancement a bundles folder location should be replicated in the path field which could them be edited. If a bundle is moved then that path field would be overwritten.

As to your original issue - sorry no ideas - just keep on deleting. Watch migrated apps from ZfD - I rebuilt all of mine.

Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.