Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
mbeckstrom Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Change port number of primary server

When I installed my ZCM server (then version 10), I installed it using a non-standard port (88, 883). Since then, I have wished I never did. I now have new hardware with Sles 11 installed that I want to move my primary server to. I installed SLES 11, installed ZCM 11.1, and added it to the existing zone. This was the advice of the engineers at Brainshare. When ZCM 11.1 installed into the existing zone, it automatically installed the server using the same port numbers as the old server. I do not want this. How do I change the port numbers in use in ZCM? I have looked through the documentation, but there is no option to do this. There are no TIDs either. I opened an SR with Novell, and I was told by the support rep that you cannot change the port of the primary server.

Do I have to uninstall ZCM on the new server and install a new zone, then somehow move all my data, or can I change the port on the new server?

Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change port number of primary server

Mbeckstrom,

at the moment, the only way I know of (and a bug is open for this!) is
to uninstall, load something on the server that uses those ports, then
try the install again

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.