Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5185 views

Check CASA Status http/https

Hi,

I read on the internet that if you want to test your casa service is running you have to:

Check that the CASA server service is running and that port 2645 is open. To test run https://server:2645/CasaAuthTokenSvc/ from a browser on the agent workstation.

I see that they use "https", that's not working here.
On "http" i get response with a apache/tomcat directory listing with 1 file "SigningCert".

Is it normal that i can't access it on "https" ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
29 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I use Icinga (A fork of Nagios) to monitor our ecosystem.

For sat's: https://<serveraddress>(:443)/CasaAuthTokenSvc
Look for a file named "tmp", it should contain Pwd if you use eDirectory, Krb5 if you use AD and Zcm if you use smartcard. The file doesnt appear untill a client has used the sat for the authtask.

For primary's I only check that the port is responding.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But does it have to work on both (http & https) ?
Again, only http is working here for my primaries.
The port is listen correct. (telnet...)


theflyingcorpse;2094507 wrote:
I use Icinga (A fork of Nagios) to monitor our ecosystem.

For sat's: https://<serveraddress>(:443)/CasaAuthTokenSvc
Look for a file named "tmp", it should contain Pwd if you use eDirectory, Krb5 if you use AD and Zcm if you use smartcard. The file doesnt appear untill a client has used the sat for the authtask.

For primary's I only check that the port is responding.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I've had some authentication issues, so tried your link, but I get an error, but it does answer on both http and https.
[HTML]HTTP Status 404 - /CasaAuthTokenSvc/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /CasaAuthTokenSvc/

description The requested resource (/CasaAuthTokenSvc/) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29[/HTML]

So it could look like something is not as it schould be, right?

Thanks

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

which url do you type exact?

nop1983;2096386 wrote:
Hi

I've had some authentication issues, so tried your link, but I get an error, but it does answer on both http and https.
[HTML]HTTP Status 404 - /CasaAuthTokenSvc/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /CasaAuthTokenSvc/

description The requested resource (/CasaAuthTokenSvc/) is not available.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29[/HTML]

So it could look like something is not as it schould be, right?

Thanks

/Niels
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I typed:
https://servername:443/CasaAuthTokenSvc/
And also with just http.

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hmm, nothing worked?.
How much primaries do you have?
Is casa running? (windows or sles?)

nop1983;2096392 wrote:
Hi

I typed:
https://servername:443/CasaAuthTokenSvc/
And also with just http.

/Niels
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well no... both the url's showed the same error.

I have 4 primaries (one of them as a "child" object).
Yes the CASA service is running.
All on Windows Server 2008R2.

/Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a way for mé to check if the right files for casa i present ón my servers?
Thanks.

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2096654 wrote:
Is there a way for mé to check if the right files for casa i present ón my servers?
Thanks.


yes: C:/Program Files (x86)/Novell/ZENworks/share/ats/etc/svc
Under here is a file called iaRealms.xml.

Note also: On primaries, I am not aware of the page listening under :443, however under :2645 it should respond on HTTPS
On sat's, :443/CasaAuthTokenSvc should respond after its been refreshed on promotion to Authsat.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

https://servername:2645/CasaAuthTokenSvc it must respond?
well, only on "http" it's working here. for the primaries.


theflyingcorpse;2096729 wrote:
yes: C:/Program Files (x86)/Novell/ZENworks/share/ats/etc/svc
Under here is a file called iaRealms.xml.

Note also: On primaries, I am not aware of the page listening under :443, however under :2645 it should respond on HTTPS
On sat's, :443/CasaAuthTokenSvc should respond after its been refreshed on promotion to Authsat.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I get a dirlisting with HTTP; I get an error with HTTPS: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long. My bad 😉 (For primaries)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.